Individual Events Team
1. Class: Sophomore
2. Hometown: Canton, Michigan
3. Major: Secondary English Education with a Minor in Speech Education
4. Career Interests: I would love to be a high school English teacher, running a successful high school forensics team!
5. Team: Second year on the IE team, with events including Informative, Rhetorical Criticism, Prose, and Poetry. This year I hope to add Persuasion and Duo to the repertoire!
6. I was drawn to speech in high school by the community of the team and after finishing as a back to back state champion in Informative speaking, I knew I could not leave that behind when entering college. I continue on Wayne State’s team due to the close knit group of friends I have because of it and my goal of improving as a speaker.
7. This summer I went to the Beyoncé concert at Ford Field, and her music is such an inspiration. It is an experience I will never forget, and for that reason I am a huge advocate of finding a connection to music.