1. Class: Sophomore
2. Hometown Norton Shores, MI. My hometown sits right on the beach of Lake Michigan.
3. Your major(s) Sociology
4. Career interest(s) I plan to pursue a law degree, and become a civil rights lawyer.
5. Your team (debate or IE team). If IE, what events do you do? I’m a part of the policy debate team (Second year)
6. Why drew you to participate in speech or debate? I’ve been an argumentative person my entire life, and my mom told me I should join the debate team at Mona Shores to see if I liked it. I have to give all credit to her. If I hadn’t taken her advice, I wouldn’t be a member of the Wayne State Debate Team today.
6. Have you done anything fun or interesting this summer?
Katrail and I signed our lease and are moving into our apartment very soon! We bought our first ferret, Gunner, a few weeks ago. He’s adorable. We also spent a week in LA, California. Thanks to Maryam for watching Gunner while we were gone! My boyfriend, Zak, and I are seeing Drake and Future in concert in August, and then we’re seeing Chance the Rapper in September.